Sunday 5 December 2010

More card research

 



 I love Jane Fosters work, her use of simple shape combined with patterned line makes these screen prints work really well.




















 graphicdesighforum.com

I also really like Adrian Johnson's work it has a really retro feel about and I think this is the way I want to go in my designs.






   
I don't know who the artist is but again these have a retro feel about them.




 

Illustration by Jerry Smath for "How do we know feature" in the children's digest magazine 1961. I like the use of simple shape and the limited colour palette. Glen Mullalys photo steam on Flickr is really good he has a collection of old magazine images which are great as a reference unfortunately he does let you download them.






 

These illustrations by Amanda Visell  have a very retro feel about them,  I also like the blocky shapes she uses.






These illustrations by Lab Partners have really captured the retro feel. I think the use of simple shapes combined with contrasting line work has helped to achieve this retro style.




No comments:

Post a Comment