Wednesday 8 December 2010

Train Research

I am thinking of doing a train design as one of my card illustrations so here is some inspiration for me.



















I love the colours and style used in these illustrations. These images are from a book called Train to Timbuctoo, written by Margret Wise Brown and illustrated by Art Seiden, published by Golden Books in 1951.














                                                                                                                          
I adore this retro jigsaw on Wooden Donkeys site at flickr, it reminds me of a cross between something off pigeon street and the yellow submarine.





I have looked at this illustration before on a different project, its illustrated by Toru Fukado, a Japanese illustrator. Again loving the use of shape and the basic colour palette. Grain Edit is a site I find I visit a lot, they seem to have the same love for retro inspired illustration as me and they have really good interviews with illustrators which can be both inspiring and informative.

No comments:

Post a Comment